Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Z Visa has arrived!!

This afternoon I was out picking up all sorts of pharmaceuticals and personal items to bring with me to China.  There was a pleasant surprise waiting for me when I returned home.  I saw it as soon as I came in the door- a letter size Purolator package on the ledge where Mom puts my mail. I knew it could only mean one thing- yes- my Chinese Working Visa has finally arrived!!

My flight is booked, my e-ticket has been emailed to me by the travel agent, and the last piece of the puzzle (my visa) has finally arrived.  I will be leaving from Moncton, NB Monday at 10:00 am to Toronto, leave Toronto Monday at 2:55 pm, and after a total of about 15 hours in the air, arrive in Beijing on Tuesday around 4 in the afternoon - yes... I will be travelling through space AND time!  But don't worry, when I return I will get my day back!

Once I arrive I will be met at the airport by someone from the school.  I have supper plans already for that evening and I am also booked for a tour of the Great Wall and Ming Tombs for Thursday, Oct. 8th.  China here I come!

6 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

How exciting and thrilling this must be for you. Are you going to continue blogging, because we want to know all about your experiences.

Tessie said...

I will as often as I can- that was really the reason I took up this blog again. The blogger website is (as of today) blocked in China, but there are patches and ways around that. So, yes I will be blogging, but it may be very sporadic.

Reveda said...

All the best Tessie

Alok
http://reveda.blogspot.com/

kathryn said...

Oh, that's amazing! You're going to have a wonderful time! You write when you can....enjoy everything that beautiful country has to offer...we'll be here...dealing with life....!

Lauri said...

It sounds very exciting. Have you read the book Meanwhile Don't Push and Sqeeze? It's about a man who spent a year in China teaching. Lovely book. Almost made me want to give it a try.

Tessie said...

Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments!
Lauri- I have not read it but I will definitely see if I can get my hands on a copy.