Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Busy as a bee in Beijing

I just can't believe how busy I've been lately.  I am finally getting over my jet lag, I have a pile of work, and I go out for supper and a drink almost every night. I am really starting to love the lifestyle here.  The only trouble is I've been hanging out more with the retired teachers and less with the other broke young teacher. As a result I'm probably spending a bit more money than I should be considering where I am living.

Today I worked until 4, had a mandarin course offered by my school, then worked another hour. I could easily pt in a few more hours but I'm still just trying to get used to everything including my class and school routine. I gave up around 6 (when I knew I would waste a lot of time being unproductive) and went out to supper with some fellow teachers to a German restaurant about half an hour walk away.  It was a really wonderful walk and I wish I had brought my camera.  On the way home we decided to go into a hotel just to take the elevator. It was a glass elevator that rose into a rotating restaurant.  Even though I'm terrified of heights- the view was AMAZING! I think we will go back sometime to actually eat there.  .

1 comment:

Rosaria Williams said...

O.k. busy is good. Going out every night for a drink, maybe too effervescent, sure to have its consequences. Sorry! I couldn't help being a parent/grandparent type. Do take and share pictures.