Friday, August 28, 2009

Trip preperations

I can't believe how smoothly everything is going as far as my big move to China is concerned (not that I'm superstitious - but knock on wood - just in case).   I managed to get my passport, medical exams/form, vaccines and contracts signed all within two weeks of my initial job offer.  I think that this is due in part to the fact that I live in a small NB city with no wait times for normal outpatient tests at the hospital. All I really have to do now is wait for my visa, purchase some insurance and get myself packed and out the door.  I am hoping to be in China just before October, so that I can be in Beijing during the celebrations/military parade which is taking place in Tian'anmen Square: http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/article/2009/200901/20090121/article_388779.htm  Although I wonder if that would be a much to overwhelming time to arrive to an country that is such an overwhelming change to begin with?

No comments: