Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Finished Poem - at least for now

So, after a couple of days of thinking about it, I have finished the poem I have started the other day in memory of the seven BHS boys, and Mrs. Lord and also for the four survivors. I decided to make it 12 lines, signifying each person who was in the van, because the survivors need to be remembered during this time also.
Here goes:

Pari Passu

Hand in Hand
You walk together now
Where death does not exist.
Away from the pain and sorrow
That has cast its shadow here.
I will not throw stones of blame
Because, I too, live in a house of glass.
But, I will remember you and through these dark days
The ease of your smile, the warmth of your soul
Will, but if for a moment, bring joy to my life.
Together we will remember
Hand in Hand.

~Tessie Hickey, January 15, 2008

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm stalking you. I like your poem, it's really nice Tessie.